The AIMS research group at Vrije Universiteit Brussel is a new research group on the intersection between clinical, medical and engineering sciences. AIMS aim is to leverage developments in artificial intelligence into an improved clinical practice.
AIMS is built on three pillars. We try to understand how the human brain functions during rest or during specific cognitive tasks. We also develop and validate new tools to improve the follow-up of people with a complex neurological disease like multiple sclerosis and we research novel treatment strategies. After the standard analysis, we always explore the potential added benefit of artificial intelligence.
The AIMS research group has experience in:
- The analysis of electroencephalography
- The collection and analysis of magnetoencephalography
- Functional magnetic resonance imaging
- Structural imaging of the human brain
- Collection and processing of neuropsychological data
- Clinical Decision Support